Follow These 5 Tips for an Easy, Stress-Free Move
Moving can be stressful, but these five tips can help make it less so.
The difficulties of a move don’t end once you’re living in your new home at last. Unpacking, too, can be an exhausting process. That’s why today we’ll be sharing five tips to make your moving experience as painless as possible:
1. Make your bed. Once you find yourself in your new house, the task of turning it into a home can make days drag on. Between all the unpacking and organizing, moving can be a major drain on your energy. This is why making your bed is so crucial. Having a comfortable place to lie down at the end of the day gives you one less thing to worry about.
2. Pack an overnight bag. Treat the first few days after your move like a hotel stay and pack essential items into separate luggage, away from the rest of your belongings. This will help you avoid having to search through every box for items like your toothbrush or pajamas.
“Hiring movers may be more expensive than buying pizza for your friends, but by the time everything is said and done, you’ll be glad you did.”
3. Save your friends for when you really need them. A lot of people will have their friends come out and help with their move. However, this isn’t an efficient use of their time or yours. Your move will go much more smoothly if you leave it to the professionals. Hiring movers may be more expensive than buying pizza for your friends, but by the time everything is said and done, you’ll be glad you did.
4. Move your valuables on your own. Many people fail to consider how easily valuables could be lost in the shuffle. Packing them away with the rest of your belongings puts them at risk of being lost or even stolen. So make sure to take care of moving these items yourself.
5. Label your boxes. Marking the outside of your boxes with notes about what’s inside them will make your whole move much easier. Unpacking is stressful enough without the added headache of trying to remember where everything is.
If you have any other questions or would like more information, feel free to give us a call or send us an email. We look forward to hearing from you soon.